Thursday 1 December 2011

Adios Amigos

All good things must come to an end..

So the wind and rain bombarded us for 2 days. They had men guarding the water's edge to make sure no silly tourists got any bright ideas and decide to go for a swim... By the time Friday came around we were back to basking in the sun...




As a Mexican law no alcohol is to be consumed during a storm. So after being sober all night and in lock down since 10pm the night before, my husband and I decided it would a great idea to get up early and go for a walk. On our travels Jason came across a coconut that had fallen off a nearby tree. It had a bit of a split at the top and after many, many, MANY attempts, Jason finally pryed that sucker open.

 

Inside we found a little crab. He must of snuck in there to find shelter from the storm. I guess we weren't the only ones in lock down!





 Waiting at the airport I had my essentials, a coffee, snack, passport, tickets and a good book to read. My friend from the first grade wrote this book. It's pretty amazing if I do say so myself. I couldn't put the book down! You can find out more at her website. Click here to find out more info on her and her book series.



 We arrived home late. I wanted to burst into my parents house wake up the kids, kiss them and squeeze them to death but I think that would have set us up for an extra loooong night. In the morning after we were all rested I got all the hugs and kisses a mum could ask for!! I had a fabulous get away and I can't wait until the next adventure...





No comments:

Post a Comment